Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Thursday 1 December 2011

A PEACEFUL AND HAPPY CHRISTMAS

The cure for “if only” is NOW, the present moment. The simplest way to live in the moment is to begin to notice what is around you.
Jerry Stocking 

I have found that one of the best ways to notice what is going on around me is to write a blog about my life. I drive P:-) mad with the camera -  taking pictures of everything, but there is so much around me to be seen or noticed.  Great fun! I feel a bit sorry for the people who HAVE to read my blog (mother and daughters), but I'm sure they secretly enjoy it.

In the top left hand corner is written a motto. Choose life. Life is wonderful. Life mightn't always be exciting. Life mightn't be how we planned it. But all we have is the present. We have to make with it what we can. We have to try and enjoy the small moments and the small things. As my brother puts it, 'You get the cards you are dealt in life and then how you play them is up to you.'

A peaceful and happy Christmas


Decorating for Christmas 

I have 2 little nativity sets I am fond of. The first set only has five pieces and is about 8 centimeters high.


I like the friendly expressions on their faces.

Mary, Jesus and Joseph without a head.


The magi
 The other nativity set is smaller and has quite a few pieces.
I added the 20 cent piece so you could see the size. The faces on these are actually a bit ghastly when you view them up close.

I have decided to put both nativity sets under cloches on my sideboard.


Things I like

I just love the table below. I love the legs which appear to be made of tree trunks. The room design is by Ashley Stark. You will find more over at Elle Decor.


Photo: Elle Decor






1.
 This is a beautiful holiday house. Click here to read more.


2.
I love this little van but think it would be very heavy to tow. Click here to read more about it and see the interior. 


3.


Click here to read about robot insects being developed to fly into dangerous situations.


4.
 The world's largest LEGO Christmas tree is in London. Click here to read all about it and see lots of photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.