Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Monday 28 November 2011

METAPHORS OF FLIGHT

 I don't think I will ever tire of metaphors of flight.
Of spreading wings a little wider ever day.
Of finding space in our hearts for the love of others, to open up and realize our hearts are huge.
Of finding courage to soar into territories new to us, regardless of how far they seem or intimidating they may be.
Of feeling currents brush past our skin as the freshness of each day greets our lungs.

Kelly Clark at Umberdove


I came across this piece of beautiful writing on Kelly Clark's blog Umberdove. It reminds me of Isaiah 40:31.

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
King James Version


Eagle in flight.

There is something about metaphors of flight that suggest hopefulness -being carefree. (If you would like to see some beautiful paintings click here to go to Kelly Clark's webpage.)

 Below is my branch selected for my Christmas tree.

 Here is the tree unpainted in the garage.

Unpainted tree in garage
Here is the tree after 2 coats of spray paint.

Tree with 2 coats of paint.

I think it is going to need 3 coats. I bought 3 cans of really cheap spray paint.


The spray paint cost $2.69 a can and it looks as if it will take 3 cans. I guess that is reasonably cheap. It looks as if I will get the 3rd coat done tomorrow, just in time for 1st December. I love the run up to Christmas. I have lots of old decorations I am getting rid of this year. Not the really old ones with sentimental value - just some of the cheap plastic baubles. I will take them to the Salvation Arny shop. I have bought some glass ornaments for this year. Not expensive ones, but I think they will look pretty on my white 'tree'.

I am so thankful for this time off work. I really enjoy pottering around my house - cleaning and decluttering. I love having enough time to sit down and do a spot of crocheting, or just to sweep the path each morning. It is so comfortable not to be in a rush.

Interesting sites

1.
 Click here to view 10 amazing tree houses for adults.

2.

Click here to find out why there are 24 hours in a day.

3.
Matthew Carden takes photos of food as if they are landscapes. He puts miniature people in his photos. Click here  to see more.

1 comment:

  1. I love the metaphors of flight. So appropriate in my life right now. Btw, thanks for the sweet comment on my blog :) Yep, I'm hoping that the Creative DIYers Club will take off just like my Homemaker On A Dime.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to comment.