Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Tuesday 8 November 2011

FAILURE AFTER PERSERVERANCE IS GRANDER

“Failure after long perseverance is much grander than never to have a striving good enough to be called a failure.”
--George Eliot, Middlemarch
Vine growing out of my garden wall
You have to give things a go. Step out. Take a risk. If you want to achieve something work on it. I wanted to start an online business. I invested a considerable amount in a training company which ended up being a fraud. It has taken me a year to pay off my credit card. But I don't regret it. I was disappointed  but I learnt quite a lot before Fortune Learning Systems, the company I was learning from, was made to close. I didn't achieve anything like they said I would. I had paid them to set up a web page and for other services which were never completely delivered. I looked into getting some of my money back through MasterCard, but it seems that because part of the services were provided I can't claim any money back.


But I don't regret it. I'm just pleased I didn't get in any further than I did. Some people lost up to $20 000. I gave it a go. I am still giving it a go. There is a whole world out there I was unaware of. It is going to be a long haul but I am having fun, and I have built on what I learnt. Time is a major factor, but I am not giving up.


But back to the quote above. I know that if I don't succeed I will have given it my best shot. If I fail it will be not for want of perseverance and I will know that I gave it a try - better than being too scared to give it a go. I can fail in the satisfaction that I tried.(So far I have made $16 so that is a little success!)




P:-) called in for lunch today which is unusual during the week . We had tuna frittata.

It is simple and you only need 2 basic ingredients from your pantry - tuna and eggs. Everything else is optional. Sometimes I add corn or fried onions and capsicum. Sometimes cheddar cheese instead of feta. It all depends what I have on hand.

Tuna Frittata  (Serves 2)


Ingredients

185 grams of tuna in olive oil

50 grams feta cheese

3 large free range eggs

2 tablespoons milk

6 miniature tomatoes halved or a few slices of tomato cut into small wedges

handful of shallots

1/2 teaspoon dried mixed herbs

2 cm cube of Parmesan cheese


Method

  • Spread tuna over the base of a 22 cm frying pan.
  • Crumble feta cheese evenly over tuna
  • Beat eggs with milk and pour over tuna and feta cheese
  • Arrange tomatoes on top of mixture cut side up
  • Sprinkle with shallots and mixed herbs
  • Grate Parmesan over the top
  • Cook on medium heat about 3-5 minutes until base begins to set
  • Finish off under griller until completely set with top browned and puffed
  • Cut in wedges to serve

ENJOY!


Interesting sites

1.

Tammy Strobel  at  Rowdy Kittens has a post taking you on a tour of her Tiny Home.. She has also recorded the sound of the rain on her roof.

2.

Have a look through this beautiful house on the sea in Queensland. Click here to read all about it.

3.
 

At the Kapoaka Project in Madagascar, native artisans produce cars and planes from old drink cans. It is part of a Fair Trade Employment venture. Click here to read more about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.