Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Sunday 13 October 2019

In Life It Is Important To Keep The Main Thing The Main Thing





“The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing.”  

Stephen Covey

I have spent most of my life doing a myriad of things and not doing any of them particularly well. I love all sorts of art amd craft. I love writing. I love cooking. I love gardening. I start a lot of things and never finish them.


I spent a lot of my adult years wondering why it was so hard for me to get  some things done. If it wasn't something I was particularly interested in, like housework, it seemed to take me for ever and just never seemed to get finished. Other people seemed to have immaculate houses and no matter what I did I just couldn't seem achieve it. When I was 40 I saw a psychiatrist and I began to understand why I had such a problem. I suffer from adult ADHD without so much of the hyperactivity (unfortunately. I would like a bit more 'get up and go'). I now take medication for adult attention deficit disorder.


Over the years I have created all sorts of systems to try and get things done and still believe one day I will find the right system and things will fall into place.

I have been trying to follow Stehen Covey's suggestion and choose the main things in areas of my life and work on getting these done this week.



Writing
I have been writing for Medium so I plan to write one article at a time and not bits of many.

Gardening
This week in the garden I will plant seeds for coriander in my herb patch.

House Cleaning
My hall is a bit of a dumping ground for all sorts of things so this week I plan to make it immaculate.


One thing I have found is that I need to write things down and stick to working on these - not get sidetracked.  Writing things down and crossing them off helps me organise things.

Of course the really important things in my life are my Christian faith, my partner, and my family.  They always take precedence. But after that I will just aim at these 3 things in the next couple of days and anything else is a bonus.

                                                               ...🌝🌝🌝...


A new granddaughter.

There is a beautiful, new granddaughter in our lives. Genevieve Rose. She is 8 weeks old and just starting to put on weight. She is grandchild number 8 and granddaughter number 7.




Tulips at Bowral

We visited the tulips on the mountain at Bowral which is located a 90-minute drive southwest of Sydney. The annual Tulip Time festival features over 75,000 tulips planted throughout Bowral's Corbett Gardens and the surrounding Shire. 



We took Mum and had a very enjoyable day.

My Sydney Rock Orchids 

My own Sydney Rock Orchids in my front garden have been putting on a beautiful display. It is a pity they don't flower for longer.








They get absolutely not attention. The other day when i was gardening I fell over right in the middle of them so I am hoping they are not damaged.


The lake

As we took our morning walk around Lake Illawarra we came across this flock of Little Pied Cormorants slowly making its way around the edge of the lake.

 


Rhiannon's art prize

My very talented daughter Rhiannon recently won first prize for $1000 at an art exhibition at the Polish Association in Keiraville, Wollongong.

 
Her work was painted with acrylics on canvas and is entitled Decomposers. We are very proud of her.

Interesting sites


1. Strange collages of buildings

Photo source
 Click here to see the strange collages of Matthais Jung.


2.  The environment effects why some people succeed

Photo source
The environment effects why so few people succeed and others don't. Click here to read why.


3. Esther the Wonder Pig beats cancer

Photo source
Click here to read a great story about Esther the Wonder Pig.

 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the beautiful granddaughter in your life.
    I agree Lindy, writing things down and crossing them off helps me organize things as well.
    Have a wonderful day
    love from Canada

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to comment.