Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Friday 17 June 2016

THE ROAD NOT TAKEN



I've always liked this quote. It is from the Dr Seuss book, The Lorax. It applies to a lot of things happening in the world today - climate change, poverty and war. We need to care about the planet and the people in it.


Piggy picture

 My herb garden doesn't get any sun in winter. Some of my herbs such as oregano and thyme seem to be doing ok but others such as my basil pepper are struggling.




 So I decided to take some cuttings.

I cut some soft drink bottles in half and pierce holes in the bottom.


I place a damp paper towel in the bottom of the base and fill it with potting mix.  I add the cuttings and place the top of the bottle over the base.

 I have placed some out on the back deck where there is a little bit of winter sun.








I added some toadstools to my thyme. You will find them for sale over at Platypus Creations 1.

 

 I am a fungiphile. These disc fungi are growing on a dead branch in my back year. I love them!



Peter and I did some bike riding at Towradgi. There were a number of tankers waiting outside Port Kembla Harbour to unload their cargo.




This week I made 2 little rabbit sisters. They are suitable for newborns and young children. Eyes and flowers are all embroidered



They come in their own organza bag.


You'll find them all at Platypus Creations 1.

In my reading this week I came across one of my favourite poems and I thought I would share it with you. (You can find notes for it here.)

The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Robert Frost






Interesting sites


1.
 House of windows

Photo source
This couple built a house around a lot of reclaimed windows they collected.
 Click here to see more photos plus a great video. 

2.
 Nomad's digital delight

Photo source

A 23 year old set up a van described as a digital nomad's delight. It sounds wonderful.
Click here to read more.



3.
 Keep fruit and veggies longer

Photo source
Here are eight ideas to help you keep some fruit and vegetables longer.  
Click here to read all about it.

5 comments:

I love comments so please feel free to comment.