Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Monday 22 December 2014

WILBUR


I read a blog called Daisies and Bruises:The Art of Living With Depression. Living with depression is certainly an art. Medication takes the edge off my depression and then I try to make my life as positive as possible. When I was first diagnosed with chronic major depression 20 years ago, I didn't tell anyone. I even went to a chemist in another suburb so my local pharmacist didn't know!

As depression has become more talked about and more accepted, I have shared my experiences and especially tried to help those with similar problems. There is hope but you have to work at it. I thank God that I was diagnosed when I was.

It's not all gloom and doom but living a productive, successful life with depression does take work.

Looking at the positives is part of the answer, and enjoying the small moments in life. So I write my blog to share some of these positives and small moments. It helps me focus on the good things in my life.

Often these things may seem trivial but I try to enjoy all the small things. Life has taken a few unexpected turns leaving me not so well off financially as I once was. Being suddenly made redundant meant that my lifestyle has changed quite markedly, although I am eternally grateful for my pension. My life now tends to be made  up of smaller, quieter things. I may be money poor but I am time rich and really enjoying it.

Lovely P:-) cleaned out my gutters for me on the weekend. I live in the trees and my gutters continually fill with leaves, but I love it.

This was the view from my ensuite. It was so pretty I decided to add a few more shots.


I love the view from the back of my house. I love being part of the bush, yet I am right on the edge of the city and 10 minutes from Wollongong CBD.


I have a plain silver wreath that I decorated, sticking with my theme of silver and gold, and hung it on my front door.



P:-) and I went to church and the stage was decorated with mini-lights set in the shapes of Christmas tree. It was very pretty. We sang some carols which really gave the feeling that Christmas is coming.



And lastly.....
I bought myself this little piglet called Wilbur. I just couldn't leave him in the shop.


I called him Wilbur after the pig in Charlotte's Web. I loved that book. My daughter R has the middle name of Fern, after the little girl in the story.

No doubt you will see more of Wilbur in posts to come.


I'll leave you with a lovely Christmas photo.



Interesting sites

1.
 Houses in the trees

Photo source

Architect Peter Bahouth built a series of houses in the trees connected by wooden bridges in Atlanta. Inspired by his love for nature and his childhood memories of boyhood treehouses, environmentalist Peter Bahouth created this grown-up fort in his Atlanta backyard. The three rooms of this treehouse have been named ‘Mind,’ ‘Body’ and ‘Spirit’ by its owner. A suspension bridge connects the living room to the bedroom that includes a platform bed which slides out for a better view of the tree canopy. Click here to see more.


2.
 Lighthouses

Photo source
The lighthouse is a near-universal symbol of safety and guidance that has helped mariners find their way home since ancient times. Although they are gradually outliving their usefulness, they are still epic monuments to human ingenuity and to their own resilience. Click here to see some interesting photos.

3.


Photo source

Here are 10 of the most bizarre shark species. Some of them are downright alien-like (like the frilled shark seen in the photo above), but rest assured — all of these creatures are real and can be found in our oceans! Click here to see more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.