Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Monday 2 September 2013

AFTERNOON TEA AT BULLI


It is difficult to bring people to goodness with lessons, but it is easy to do so by example.
Seneca

 

The days are going so quickly. I am so far behind in where I should be organising my house for sale. A friend suggested it was procrastination because I really don't want to sell it and he is probably right. I do love my house and it holds so many memories. I was 25 when we moved in here, with only one child. I am surprised at some of the things I am finding as I go through everything. Full of memories.

 

 A few days ago P:-) and I drove up to the town of Helensburgh. This flock of Sulphur-crested cockatoos was in the park. These are Australian natives.





Sunday was the first day of Spring. It was also Father's Day. We had afternoon tea at Bulli Beach with some of P:-)'s children and grandchildren. It was a beautiful, sunny day and there was a plethora of mini cupcakes which the little ones devoured.



 There was a great view of the mountains up north and of the beach down south.

 Below is some information on Bulli taken from Wikipedia.


Aerial view of Bulli
34°20′03″S 150°54′48″ECoordinates: 34°20′03″S 150°54′48″E
Population
5,453[1]
2516
City of Wollongong
Heathcote, Keira
Cunningham




 I am really enjoying having Jasper, my daughter's dog. I will have him for another fortnight.

 Jasper has spent much of his time curled up in front of the heater.

 

 

 

It is really nice having someone to come home to in the evenings, even if he is a bit on the doggy side.


Interesting sites

1.
Photo credit
This is a beautiful house!! Click here  to read all about it. Be sure to click on the thumbnails to have a good look


2.


 Adapting as you go
 
Photo credit
You have freedom when you’re easy in your harness. – Robert Frost (one of my favourite poets.) Click here to read more.



 

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful Spring day at Bulli! How lucky we are to have the sort of climate in Wollongong that we do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the evening of Sunday 8th September here in Montreal Canada. Today I saw a guy riding a bike with an Australian sulphur crested cockatoo (like the ones in your photos) riding on the handle bars. I would have liked to have been able to stop and talk ... with the cockatoo of course. I wonder if it spoke French? Imagine a bird being able to speak French better than me! xoxox

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to comment.