Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Thursday 22 December 2011

CHRISTMAS MUSIC


It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful .
Unkown


Over the last couple of weekends, much to P:-)'s "delight" I have been playing my Christmas carols CDs.

Christmas CDs.

I have accumulated these over the years - most of them I have never listened to. A couple of them by Chris Tomlin and Yvonne Kenny, I actually bought at full price. The others were "bargains" I couldn't resist - mostly on line.

I am trying to downsize my stuff. My children don't like Christmas Carol CDs, so I tend just to play the same ones over and over before Christmas day. So I have been listening to them systematically to decide which to get rid of - that is most of them. A lot of them have a terrible same-ishness about them. Some are hardly recognizable as Christmas carols - just generic jazz arrangements I am not fond of.

We tend not to hear a whole CD as when I put one on P:-) suddenly remembers places we have to go and things we have to do

The count down to Christmas is really on now

I have been shopping today. There is still another day until Christmas, but the shoppers were out in force. Suffice to say I finished most of it, but I always like to leave myself an extra day - just in case.

I have thrown a lot of my old and tatty - not old and nice- Christmas decorations out. But I couldn't resist this last little Santa today for $4.95.

Santa Ornament
He looks carved but is made of resin. I had to use the flash to photograph him and it really does detract from his old world look.

Interesting sites

1.
  Click here to see some interesting photos of living off the grid.

2.
  Who says clutter can't be beautiful? Click here to see book storage and decorating after my own heart.

3.
 Click here to read about the most remote settled island in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.